Monday, January 09, 2012

Holidaze

So, I just wanted to do a recap of the holidays because things went by fast and the days were full of fun activities.  The days that weren't full were spent recuperating, so I haven't had too much time to blog.  We spent Christmas and New Years up at my parent's house this year which was really nice because I don't think I could have handled traveling with Loïe yet. Actually, I'm not sure when I'll be able to travel with her because she HATES the carseat with a screaming passion. 

This was the first year that Isla started to understand what was going on. I wanted to make sure the house got decorated, the tree was lit everyday, Santa was met, and all the fun family traditions were done so that she got the full effect. 

She is so funny and the past couple of months have been so fun watching her adjust to our family changes and grow as a little girl. She loved the 'IGHTS' (lights) and 'pre dreh' (which means pretty dress and generally meant that she wanted to watch White Christmas). She was obsessed with 'scary muh' (Muppets Christmas Carol and the scary Marley brothers). There's a line in the first song in the movie where some mice say, "no cheeses for us meeces," and she no say 'no cheese, no cheese' all the time!  Also, she say the word Christmas as 'kay day' which I admit, took me a while to figure out.  She called baby Jesus from the nativity, 'baby ro' (meaning baby Loïe, she just can't say her L's) and loved playing with the set. She'd line them all up and call all the men dada, Mary was mama, and the wiseman with the crown was 'Pry', meaning price. I have a feeling it was Price because of the crown, which to her must look like a beanie.  Seriously, her language is to die for and apparently, I'm the only one who understands.


Our Christmas decor

Our Christmas Traditions (I tried to squeeze in as many as possible!)

Sisterly love

Christmas presents to family & friends


Nutcracker with the fam

Meeting Santa and NOT liking it. 

Christmas Eve at Grandma & Grandpa Holts

Cousins

My new rings

The newest in iPhone games that our fam is now obsessed with - Temple Run!

Ugly Sweater Party with Danville friends.  ALWAYS a good time.

 Loïe, our little 'no man'


Loïe is now 2.5 months and I feel like I am finally in the clear, out of the PPD phase which was not fun this time around.  It hit me much harder than usual and I'm grateful for it being gone and in the past.  Let's hope that with the next one it won't be so long or so bad!  

Coming out of it all, I am most just grateful for all the support and love I had this holiday season from my husband and my family.  Everyone was so sweet and supportive to me.  My mom was constantly watching Isla (mostly due to the fact that Isla is obssessed with her and will NOT leave her alone!!) and my dad was the baby whisperer with Loïe, watching her while I napped or got out of the house to see a movie.  Such wonderful people in my life.  I love them all so much and I'm glad we got to spend such a great time together for Christmas.

2 comments:

Miss Mary said...

wow, looks like such a wonderful Christmas! Your littles are so cute--how fun it must be to see the holidays from your kids' eyes! And Meems, I LOVE your new rings! So beautiful. Where are they from? I love the initials of your girls--so sweet!

Liz said...

oh my gosh - the sisterly love cracks me up. love it!