Last Sunday we blessed Loïe in our ward here in Lehi. The blessing itself was beautiful and so was she. I look at her and I see all that she's going to become. I know now, from watching Isla grow up, what all the exciting possibilities can be for my little Loïe. I call her 'ma petite chenille' because she is just a little caterpillar wrapped up in a swaddle all the time and likes it best that way. At her 2 month apt, she was only 21.75 inches and 10 lbs 2 oz, still very small, (although totally healthy and growing fine). I'm excited for her to hit 3 months because I'm hoping that is when she'll be less of a newborn and more of a baby. Maybe then she won't need the swaddle so much and she'll be 'mon petite papillon'. ;)
We had lots of family and friends over and, of course, with all that was going on, I barely took any pictures. And by barely, I mean like 3 of the decor and some of Loïe in her dress.
It was a winter-themed 'break the fast' at our place after the blessing. We had fruit salsa and egg sandwiches (thanks pinterest!) and it was delicious!
On a side note, our ward is splitting for the second time in the past 4 years. The bishop announced that there were 666 people registered in our ward alone, (a sign, he said, that it needed to be split!). On a regular sunday, there are literally no seats available in the entire room, including the overflow. It's absolutely nuts. Anyway, I'm really glad we're splitting and I'm just hoping that we get to move our time to maybe, say 11-ish. I'd take 1 too, I just can't do 9 anymore!!
Overall, it was a wonderful day and I'm so glad Bart and our family and friends could bless our sweet baby girl. She is very loved.


3 comments:
Dude, I totally agree about church times. We just switched to 9 am and I would take 12:30 over it any day! I feel like I'm crazy because everyone else seems to LOVE 9 am church, but I would rather have Fara get a nap in the morning before church and then one after, like she used to. I don't understand what the big rush is to get home at 12... IT'S SUNDAY. What are you rushing home to that's so important?? Hahaha.
Also, your Loie is a gem and beautiful in her dress. Wish we could have been there for the blessing and to see your sweet famille!
she surely is a precious lil one just like her big sister!!
Post a Comment