Loïe is 2 months old!
My sweetness is now two months old.
I'd love to say that time is flying by, but on the contrary, this newborn phase is taking forever!
In reality though, she is doing sooo much better. We both are. I've figured out her preferred schedule and how she likes to do things. And she has grown so much which means she's just naturally not as sensitive to all that she was before. Thank goodness.
At about 5-6 weeks she started smiling at us! It is the sweetest thing and makes even the worst nights disappear in my mind when she looks at me with those beautiful eyes and smiles the biggest, happiest, loveliest smile I've ever seen.
Around 7 weeks she was smiling so much we even got some giggles out. To die for.
At around 6 weeks she started giving me a 5-6 hour block of sleep at night. This was a huge lifesaver because the post-partum for me this time around has been a lot worse and it's hugely aggravated when I don't get any sleep. So I am very grateful for this longer block. It gets me to the next day.
She likes to suck on her fist. We're thinking she probably won't be a big binky baby.
She loves the bath and I've finally started giving sister baths together and I just love it. It makes me feel like a real mom giving my children (plural) baths. Weird.
She finally graduated to size 1 diapers at 8 weeks. Teeniest.
She talks A LOT!! I mean, she is chatty kathy. Isla would coo like any normal baby at this age, but Loïe apparently has lots of important things to say. Basically any time you lay her down and get up close in her face, sort of one-on-one time, she will just talk your ear off. It's pretty much the cutest thing I've ever heard.
She has her 2 month check-up next week, so I'll give the formal stats when I post about her blessing coming up too.

3 comments:
the sweetest thing...love Loie!!
Ahh so cute Meems!! I just got your xmas card in the mail too :) Absolutely love it! Thanks for sending it all the way to little ol' me :) love you xo
Holy cow that child has grown! She is adorable. And I love that little mischievous look of hers!
Post a Comment