Happy (belated) Chinese New Year! Last Friday, our friends Matt and Megan, and Bret and Laura, came over to our place to celebrate Chinese New Year. Now I have no ties to China, no real reason to celebrate it, other than the fact that it is a fun and different holiday to celebrate! I did it a few years back for fun and it was so great that it stuck! With lanterns and dragon decorations, Chinese take-out, and chopsticks, we all sat down to good yummy food and fortunes.
We had the traditional lai see envelopes with $ and our Chinese zodiac horoscopes inside. (Don’t get excited, I’m no big spender, it was only a dollar.) It was fun to read everyone’s horoscope, especially since everyone was a different year, except Matt and I, who are both the year of the Pig. (We feel like this is the best site to find your zodiac sign description!)
I made faux felt fortune cookies for everyone, from a pattern I’ve been dying to try out from Martha Stewart. It was super easy and they turned out so cute.
The only thing we didn’t get to do was play Mah Jong, a Chinese tile game that is sort of like poker.
Always a great time hanging out with friends!
1 comment:
That picture of the guys is sure to be a classic. Thanks for throwing such a fun little party, we had a blast!
P.S. I'm on the second Hunger Games book and Bret has already read them both. I like them but I think B is a little obsessed. We'll get those back to you soon!
Post a Comment