Monday, March 29, 2010

No pics yet...

So, I feel the need to update, despite the fact that I have no visual proof of the fun things we've done in the past week. Isla's been having a pretty rough time getting adjusted, unfortunately, and so for our sanity, we've been trying to give her a stable routine while allowing for at least 1 outing a day. Every day I try to get out at least once for a couple hours, even when the weather is bad. The only problem, is I have to watch my wallet, 'cause when you go out you tend to spend more than you would when you stay in!

Last Wednesday - A grocery trip to Whole Foods and a walk around the neighborhood to get my bearings
Thursday - Babies R Us at Union Square, Bed Bath and Beyond and a visit to Laurel's place
Friday - Uniqlo and Old Navy in Soho
Saturday - Ikea via Water Taxi in the morning and Costco via ZipCar in Harlem in the afternoon, thanks La for letting me tag along!
(I swear, I'm only getting the necessities for life in a barely furnished apt! Well, maybe some spring clothes too, but hey, I feel like everything I have is post-maternity, so I think I deserve a few new things!)
Sunday - Church on 15th street
Monday - It was raining today, so we decided to take the subway up to Grand Central and walk around. I got interviewed for the Rachel Rae Show, so we'll see if anything happens with that!

So many fun things! I hope Isla and my legs are up for it. That's 10 miles of walking just in the past few days! Needless to say, I'm not used to that kind of workout, but I really do hope it helps me shed some weight!

2 comments:

Rachel U said...

i love it! so fun! glad everything is going well!!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Wait...how long are you going to be in NY? I think you are living in the same area we will be in about 3 months. I met your sis the last time I was out there. Sounds like a FUN week! Hopefully we will be able to hang out! :)