Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gobble Gobble

This Thanksgiving we were really lucky to both get time off so that we could go visit Bart's family down in Southern California. It was really nice because we got to spend three whole days there, an extra two for driving. We always enjoy going back there because it is so pleasant and the weather is always so beautiful! We spent Thanksgiving with his dad's family at his aunt's house. His uncle made these really gourmet recipes which helped to spice up the usual spread. It really made me think that we've been doing Thanksgiving dinners for as long as we've been alive, and really, every time it's the same food. So why wouldn't we want to spice things up a little with different flavors!

On Friday, we did a little shopping and to my surprise, the stores weren't that crowded! I was shocked! It was the easiest Black Friday I have ever experienced.

On Saturday, we got to hang out with Derek and Brittany, because they were in town too. Brittany had a shower thrown for her and so I got to catch up with her and a lot of girlfriends from down there that I rarely get to see. It was so fun to see them and spend time with their family too. I mean, Bart is pretty much their adopted son, so we love getting to hang out with them.

Well, I hope all your Thanksgivings were lovely and filling!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Fun that you guys got to see Brittany and Derek! How great to spend Thanksgiving in southern Cali!

Cathy said...

Fun Thanksgiving. Bart's family is really nice. I'm so glad that you got back to NYC too. Fun pictures. It looks like you're a great aunt. Memories that Laurel's kids will always have with their special Aunt Meriel.

Brittany Simmons said...

We had a blast spending time with you guys too! ...even if it is to watch Derek and Bart egg eachother in with gross concoctions!

Dawn said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad you guys decided to leave for Thanksgiving. California looks wonderful - Texas was FREEZING!

Marisa said...

Cute pictures! We miss you guys. Will you send me your address?