Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Un Bonne Nuit


Bonne Anniversaire Loïe Violet!

On Saturday, we celebrated her turning one with our family, and Bryan and Dawn (close enough to family).  We threw her a Parisian themed soiree in honor of her name and petite cuteness. ;)

She had been pretty cranky all week and then all the sudden on her first birthday she decided to be happy again.  It was like she knew she was a big girl now and it was time to put a smile on her face and act like the independent woman that she is...


We had fondue au fromage and fondue au chocolat.  It was all very delicious and very filling.  We were so stuffed, but in the best way possible, where you just want to go home and take a nap.



I love my grandma.  I'm so glad my girls can spend time with her and hopefully get to know and spend time with her for many more years to come.





Grandma Kim came into town! Look how much they look alike! Crazy!


Loïe has been going through a growth spurt and so has had the BIGGEST appetite, (even bigger than usual).  She was a little nervous at first when we put her in the highchair without any food in front of her and then all the sudden... ta da! Don't worry sweetheart I baked a massive smash cake for you.  I got your back.  

Oh, and let's be clear - she at like 75% of it before I called it and took it away.  She seriously didn't waste any bit either.  She literally would have eaten the entire thing if I hadn't taken it away.  What a food monster.


We're all about purple for our Violet.  And I'm all about the ombre. 


Isla absolutely had to have her very own cake.  I actually tried the tin can cake again, having learned from my mistakes during her birthday, and it worked great!


We love our girl!!
 


3 comments:

Miss Mary said...

Cutest baby ever! I LOVE the pic of her getting her cake. What a sweetheart! Great job with the par-tay, lady!

Rachel U said...

so cute!! wish we could have been thereeeeee.

Kim said...

best party ever!!