Thursday, October 18, 2012

Danville, the rest of the weekend

Katie and I flew down on Friday together with our babies.  We stayed at her house and hung out with her empty-nester parents.  I never tire of hanging out with Ann and John, they are too cool.

First things first - a trip to Brass Bear on the way home from the airport.  Hmmm, roast beef, sourdough roll, shredded lettuce, and a piece of baklava. True love.


That night we went into the city and had dinner with Mary and Allie at Butterfly.  Naturally, Katie and I showed up an hour late (I mean, we have babies now so add a half hour to the usual 30 min. lag time) but we were still able to eat and enjoy ourselves.  We even surprised Allie with a late-birthday cake after dinner that was delish!

On Saturday, the Call ladies fulfilled a wish I have had for like 2 years now.  Yes, a small part of that wish was getting a burrito from High Tech (j/k, j/k - but yes really).  The wish was to get back on the horse, literally.  I have been aching to get back into horseback riding for a while now and let me just tell you, I. WAS. RUSTY.  But it was sooooooooo fun.  Even just riding a few laps around the ring.  I love it so much.


The stables were BEAUTIFUL!! They were unbelievable well kept and on the most gorgeous property.  Let's just say the economy is alive and well there.  Lucas was so cute with the baby horses.  Loie thought they were dogs.  So precious.



Sunday was brunch with friends and dealing with Loie and her double ear-infections.  Of course I wouldn't be able to actually go on a child-free trip by myself, and of course, my baby would have to get ear infections and be a wreck all weekend and a nightmare on the planes.  It would be too easy to have a happy healthy child on my rare trip back to danville. Next time I'm leaving all kids behind.  
I deserve it.

2 comments:

Miss Mary said...

Such a fun rest of your trip! So glad you got to do so many things that make you happy. I had so much fun with you! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out all the time. Love you Meems!

daniel and katie said...

Had such a fun weekend! so glad you blogg for my memories! Will you send me that pick of Lucas with the baby horse! Too cute! You looked awesome on the back of Ruby!