Friday, November 02, 2012

The Most Halloweens

I was really excited for this Halloween season because it would be the first time I would get to go out with Isla trick or treating!  (Last year I was in the hospital with Loie.)  Isla wanted to be Rapunzel (actually I just gave her a choice between the two dresses she got for her birthday - Rapunzel or Sleeping Beauty) and I made Loie be Pascal, Rapunzel's little chameleon.  Isla called her a baby zizard, which I think was the best part about her costume.

What was so great this year was that there were so many opportunities to celebrate.  We had 5 different Halloween parties to go to and it would have been 6 if Hurricane Sandy hadn't shut Wall Street (and the rest of New England) down.  I am supremely bummed that GS canceled their party, but whatevs.  You guys think I'm weird, but it was my favorite day of the year when I worked there.  

#1  The ward Trunk or Treat.  Because of crazy wind we moved it inside the church building and it became more of a classroom trick or treat thing.  Doesn't matter, the kids still get candy, therefore they love it.


#2  The Ivory Ridge party.  This was at our clubhouse and had yummy desserts and games to play.  Isla was actually really good at the games (she's pretty coordinated for a girl) and Loie ate like 2 whole Kneaders sugar cookies by herself.

#3  Holt Hedgemazia.  The first annual party thrown in the middle of the hedgemaze at my parent's house.  The hedges were tall enough this year to really utilize the maze and so they thought they would try out a little halloween party with a scary maze and donuts and drinks at the end!  It was a huge success and such a fun time.  It makes me excited about future years to come!

Here are some pumpkin's we carved for the party.  I did the chewy, my mom did the dog.  I found out where I got my mad carving skills from...


I wish we'd gotten better pics of the maze and stuff, but it was really dark and kind of chilly, so maybe next year.  How cute is that hat though?  All we had to do was keep food in her hands to prevent her from taking it off.  She's hilarious.

#4  Isla's school parade and 'sing-in'.  IT WAS ADORABLE!  First they walked the kids around the room two times and then they sat them down and sang a bunch of songs.  What a mommy moment to watch her do that.  I was loving it so much and so was she! She may not have been able to sing the songs perfectly but she was the most actively involved in them.  Most of the kids were half-heartedly doing the hand-motions, but Isla was doing them full-out.  I was so proud.  



 She's possibly the cutest girl ever.

#5  Actual Halloween trick or treating.  Bart was a doll and stayed behind to answer the door for other kids while I went out with Isla.  We went along with our neighbors, the Lewis's, and so Isla had some buddies to knock on doors with.

Beforehand we tried taking pictures... what a bust. Isla's in the 'I don't ever want to look at the camera, let alone smile' phase.  But I had to get a pic of Rapunzel and Pascal together.  Amazing.



Isla got a really good haul for a 3 year old.  I - I mean She - has really been enjoying it these past few days. 


You have got to LOVE Halloween.

1 comment:

Sophia said...

loies costume turned out soooo cute! you guys are darling!