Monday, September 03, 2012

Isla


Isla turned three years old yesterday. It's been a while since I've dedicated a whole post just to all the great things about her. She's been growing up so much lately and I'm just in awe of the little girl in front of me, no longer my baby and too tall to look like a toddler. I can't believe she's 3, has started preschool and dance, and has a little sister who is almost 1. It's like our lives are in fast forward. How is this possible?

I've been keeping track of little things this year that I thought were cute or funny, but now that I look at the list, I wish I had so much more to say!

First off, as many of you know, Isla has been a slow talker. She's only just started to talk in sentences, some words have their final syllables, and a lot of things have their own made-up names for them. She has a form of dislexia where she flips words; for example - 'way go' instead of 'go away', or 'door shut', or 'double' - down fall/fall down. So because of this, she has had a hard time learning words and being able to say full words and sentences. 


Here are some other funny words she says:
Horse - g-wah (probably from sea horse which was a toy we called a horse first and then tried to tell her later was a sea horse, which probably just confused her. Now she still calls horses g-wahs, but calls sea horses their right names. Silly!) 
Dinosaur - saur-bye (because the dinosaur bites) but now she calls them the right thing.

She always says "Eat food!" when referring to dinner or whatever.

She potty trained so easily and so well before 2.5. It was mostly me that required training. She was totally ready for it when Loïe was born, but I wasn't!

She started singing popcorn popping at 2.5, although she does mostly the hand motions and tries to sing along.

She had swimming lessons for the first time this summer where she learned daddy kicks, blowing bubbles, & ice cream scoops. It was a great first exposure to swimming on her own, but let's be honest, it was no Sue's Swim School.

She likes to take all her clothes off and cuddle under the blanket. She's our little exhibitionist. Everyone always laughs because she'll take any opportunity to take her clothes off and walk around in her skivvies. She also has to take off her pants & undies completely before she can go to the bathroom.  So silly.

Her favorite foods are: Yogurt, olives, hot dogs, pbj, eggs&hashbrowns&bacon, mac&cheese, and spaghetti. She loves ice cream and she drinks milk like its going out of style.

She LOVES the princesses and anyone in a 'pretty dress'. For a while all she cared about were 'pretty dresses', and she always prefers wearing dresses over pants.

Belle is her favorite, but Sleeping Beauty is a close second. She was called 'blue/pink' for a long time because of how her dress changes color at the end of the movie. That also confused her when she was learning her colors for a long time. Blue and pink were both always 'blue/pink' interchangeably.

Right now her current favorite show is My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic. She is obsessed and I'll admit, I really like the show, so I'm okay with it. Hearing her repeat all the names fast is one of the cutest things.Fluttershy, Rain(bow) Dash, AppleJack, Pinky Pee! (Pinky Pie)


I seriously love her.  She is just so adorable and everyday does so many things to make me smile.  Yes she is definitely a toddler and knows how to get her way, but dang is it hard to resist.  I mean, seriously, putty in her hands.

(I promise we'll take some new, better, more recent pics as soon as she is feeling better.  She is currently very sick and looking kind of grimy, so we'll wait a day or so until she feels a lot better!)

1 comment:

Jenna and Jeff said...

Cutest girl!!!