Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September

So we have been hunkering down the past two weeks with some SERIOUS(ly annoying!) virus circulating through our family.  I hate feeling MIA in the world, but I also hate feeling feverish and ill just as much, soooo excuse our absence in 'life'.  First it was Isla's virus that was the worst and then when her immune system was down she picked up a second virus which promptly spread through our entire family.  Yikes.  Anyway, it's over, we're better and life can resume as usual.

Last weekend I had the worst cabin fever and needed to get out of the house desperately.  So we decided to drive up the American Fork Canyon and see the great wide open.  Fall is my absolute favorite time of year in Utah so I was starting to feel like I was missing it being sick indoors for so long.  It felt amazing to get out and breath fresh crisp air and move my legs a little bit.


We went to this really cool spot tucked all the way back in the mountains in between Timp, AF Peaks, and Deer Creek Res, called Cascade Springs.  I loved it because it was a easy peasy walk through a beautiful natural spring that not (as) many people know about.  AF canyon is crazy crowded on the weekends, especially on a beautiful day like Saturday, so it was nice to find such a perfect spot that wasn't that crowded.


Isla is in major camera shy mode right now.  I swear it's impossible to get a picture where she's actually smiling at the camera. So silly.


Bart was especially excited to go off-roading.  There are some pretty cool and gnarly trails out there and I have to say, I was pretty impressed at what the car could handle.  This shot doesn't do it justice, but let's just say it was really steep and the crevice was really deep!


Love Utah in fall, I always say it and I really do mean it.  It really is the best time of year.  This weekend we're going to Iron Mountain to play with the fam.  Super excited!

No comments: