This past weekend Isla got really sick; 85% sure it was Hand-Foot-in-Mouth disease but without the rash. .Not sure if that makes it something else. She literally had every symptom to the fullest, but not the rash. Anywayzzz, that meant that come Sunday, her actual birthday, she was less than energized and jazzed about the fact that it was her birthday so we only celebrated it with a few presents and a nice popsicle.
Then Monday, Labor Day, with the family up in Huntsville, we did a nice informal BBQ dinner and then yummy cake & ice cream with presents. Of course, she still wasn't feeling too hot, (she didn't even touch her cake) but she loved blowing out the candles and trying on her 'pretty dresses' that grandma got her.
(I just love my mom and dad. They are the best and as of tomorrow when Price goes into the MTC, they will officially be empty nesters! Congrats!)
She was alllllll about her princess dresses and we officially know what she's going to be for Halloween this year - she just has to pick one!
Just because Isla wasn't feeling up to a crazy birthday celebration, didn't mean I wasn't up for it. I had spent the whole weekend cleaning up vomit and getting no sleep, so it was the ONLY thing I was looking forward to. I loved making her little cake and the family cake with ideas I got off of Pinterest. (Ombre cake, tin can cake, and pom-pom toppers) I'd say the ombre cake was awesome and super easy with a great look. The tin can cake was 75% bust, 10% success, and 15% learning experience. I got one cake to work and that's what matters right? The tulle pom-poms were super easy and so dang cute.
Not so sure about what to do with the candles.
Now, the birthday week isn't over yet! She's got a My Little Pony party on Thursday that I'm so excited for. All her girlfriends from the neighborhood are coming to play and fingers crossed she's feeling 100% better by then!!!

4 comments:
You're such a good mom Meriel! Adorable little cake and poor Isla, hope she gets better!
This is the cutest post ever! Your little girl is so precious--I love the pics in the princess dresses! And you are so talented with all your cakes and the pom poms. :)
happy birthday sweet girl Isla!! love her so very much!! cutest cakes ever!! xo
LOVE those cakes. wish i could have had a slice!! love isla b.
Post a Comment