Monday, March 17, 2008

Stressed much?

So I had three vivid dreams last night in the 7 hours of sleep I had. (Apparently quantity and not much quality)

1) I can't remember the details of the first, except that I was filtering excel spreadsheets in my head and trying to come up with answers for my project at work. I doubt it was any real project that I am currently working on, but it ended with Bart waking me up concerned because I was moving around and making grunting noises apparently. That was at 11:30.

2) I remember I was with Stella Bonasera (the lead woman CSI from the CSI:NYC show) at some random house in some random place. She was being chased/attacked by the creepy suitor from the show this season. I was hiding and he was trying to find me to get me to take him to her. ~2:00 am

3) Due to the fact that Bart and I watched Enemy of the State yesterday afternoon (the Will Smith/Gene Hackman NSA conspiracy movie where the gov is trying to get the tape he doesn't know he has from him) I had a dream mirroring that story line. I was being chased by the people at my work, totally classic, and they were trying to get something that I had, although I had no clue what it was. They were chasing me through the casinos and parking garages in Vegas. At the end I came up to a rocky shoreline (don't know how that was around Vegas) and threw what turned out to be the 'thing' into the ocean so that they'd never have it. I knew I was just about to get caught and so I tossed it. What was funny is that only three of my coworkers, including my boss, were helping me. I felt like the rest weren't being mean, but it was almost like I knew they were just doing their job and so despite being mad at the times when they would almost catch me, I wasn't actually mad at them. Weird. At the end my boss saw me throw it in the ocean and said he understood and he wouldn't help me nor hinder me, which I appreciated but sadly understood it was over. It was bizarre. Then I woke up to my alarm at 5:00 am.

Now I'm no dream interpreter or anything, but I don't think it takes a genius to figure out that I'm stressed right now, especially at work...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was really funny. I always have incredibly vivid and stressful dreams so I understand! I think we might just be worried people.

Rachel U said...

meems you gotta chill out! i know just the thing. dinner and a movie tonight. love ya sis. :)

Cathy said...

Funny! But you are for sure seriously stressed out!! Time for a pedicure/manicure:)

ANDREA said...

thats hilarious! i love that you had a CSI dream- i have them way too often. and i love that your coworkers were chasing you in your 3rd dream. thats great.

Moranda said...

You would have a CSI dream! You should BE CSI...I could totally see you investigating homicide crime scenes and finding 'thee hair' on the couch that solves the whole case. Or conducting studies on larve to document their life cycle to then present incriminating evidence in court.

I feel ya with the work dreams...as if we don't spend over 1/3 of our day their already; it has to haunt us in the haven of our sleep. wtf?1!?