Friday, March 07, 2008

Nursery!

So, Bart and I got called to Nursery in our ward! There are two in our ward alone, because it's such a big ward, so we actually have a pretty good size class. I think there are 8 kids total with 3 of us in there- not a bad ratio. Plus, two of the kids are the other teacher's daughters so they don't really count. ;)

We're really excited and it's quite appropriate that we would be called to it as my parents were nursery leaders when they were younger and my sister and her husband were as well when they first moved to NYC. So we are following in line with tradition!

Wish us luck with the little kiddies!

5 comments:

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

Good luck with the little monsters!! We need to get together soon.

laurel said...

Oh fun! That's exciting. 8 kids is not bad at all. I can totally see Bart in nursery.

Dawn said...

Oh Meriel this sounds like so much fun! I would love to do that with Bryan. I signed us up as substitute nursery teachers in our ward, but he doesn't know. ;)

The Evers said...

Oh you will be perfect for that. Elle loved Bart so much-you too of course! I have never had so much gratitude for anyone then for our nursery leader. She is incredible, and makes it such a great experience. Some kids really struggle and it helps to have a familiar face in there each week! God bless you:)

neffgang said...

I think the nursery is probably the best place anyone could spend two hours during a Sunday.

If the Savior walked into your ward building, it is exactly the place he would visit first.