So, yesterday was our first day for nursery and it was a blast. These kids were sooo well behaved and very adorable!! They played really well with each other and really warmed up to Bart and me fast. I had so much fun playing with them and sharing in their snack time as well!
During play time, which is the first hour or so, Bart took out my phone and started taking pictures and finding fun kids songs on You Tube. I was a little nervous because I didn't want them to start fussing over it or getting their grimy hands all over it, but they were more curious about how it was taking pictures of them and how Sebastion was singing 'Kiss the Girl' from the little black box. (The kids' favorite book to read is a Little Mermaid book, they like the shark in it) I really want to post the pics, but not sure how their parents would feel about me posting pics of their kids on someone's random blog, regardless of how cute they are.
Some of these kids were so smart. They know how to do so much and they understand more than I thought they would. It is so great to be able to be a part of their lives. I'm really excited to be a fun face for them to see once a week. They are so happy and sweet. I'm really grateful for this calling.
5 comments:
I am jealous of you and your calling. I'm glad it went well with the little tikes. We have 7 nurseries in our new ward. I can't believe it. They really need to slit the ward, but they don't have anywhere to put the other ward. Oh well. Yea for lots of kids!!
I love hearing your enthusiasm for Nursery!! I've been in the Prim. Pres for 4 years and I love it when members are excited to be called into Primary!! You two will love it!!
Meems I bet you guys are so good with the kids! You are so good at relating to people of all ages so I bet they love you. I can't wait to hear more baby stories.
I bet you two are such fun nursery leaders. I teach sunbeams so can definitely relate...
Goldfish. bubbles. crackers. crayons. ring around the rosie. dixie cups. hand sanitizer. shower of lysol. wheels on the bus. field trip to the tree outside...These are a few of my favorite nursery things!
I've been doin' Nursery for almost 4 years! every ward we have been in.
Post a Comment