Wednesday, April 04, 2012

3 things


Danville girls reunion
We had the most glorious girls weekend up at my parents house with all my highschool friends (minus a few who couldn't make it). We had such a blast doing what we do best - eating, reminiscing, and playing ridiculous games.  Next week I'll post more about it when I can load my pictures at home. 

Audiobooks
I'm really into audiobooks lately. Since I never have more than one hand free to do anything these days, let alone time to sit somewhere and read an actual book, I've started borrowing audiobooks from the library to listen to while I do other things (drive, nurse, clean, sew, etc.) so far I've read some good ones - Bossypants (Tina Fey actually reads it, so the comedic timing is perfect) & These is my words (narrated by a woman who sounds exactly like the girl from true grit). I've got two more waiting for me at home that I'm really excited about too - I feel bad about my neck... & the host.  I think I love audiobooks so much because it's like listening to a really long movie. And you know I love myself a good movie. 

Sleep training and other diet restrictions
So this week has been d-day, so to speak, for Loïe and sleep training. It's just me and the girls the whole week up in Huntsville and so it is the perfect time to spread out and let Loïe 'cry it out' without bothering anyone. I've done a lot to make sure this will work too. I started her back on her reflux meds (just in case, it can't hurt to try). I've got her sleeping in the packnplay and out of the swing/bouncy chair. We've started her on a strict bedtime/nap schedule, something we never needed to enforce with Isla since she naturally fell into a pattern herself.  And lastly, and probably most important, I have gone off dairy. Not crazy hardcore, like anything that is even made with milk or butter or whey, but just the obvious stuff like milk, cheese, Ice cream, etc. I've been off for a week and a half and it has made a huge difference. She was really starting to get there almost sleeping through the night (sleeping 6 hrs, feeding, and then sleeping another 5or 6 hours). Then yesterday I experimented with eating dairy at lunch and about 3 feedings later (bedtime through the night) she was a wreck waking up every hour screaming. It was bad and good at the same time. Now I know- no dairy!   Wish me luck that by next Tuesday she'll be sleeping through the night!!!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks again for being such a great hostess last week! I had such a blast. I hope your sleep training is a fantastic success. :)

Miss Mary said...

Good luck with the sleep training!! I had so much fun with you! Thank you so much for having all of us. What a great weekend!

Dawn said...

No dairy - that has to be a bummer but hopefully it means you'll get some REAL sleep again.