The girls in attendance: Val, Mary, Allie, Krista, Katie, Sophie, Mindy, Emily, and Me!! That's a lot of girls! Plus our babies Loie, Benson, and Jane.
My good friend Mary wrote a fabulous blow-by-blow of how everything went, so I am going to cut and paste a lot of what she said!
[Mary] "The first night we were there, Meems brought out boxes of all our old notes to each other in middle school and high school! It was so hilarious to read these notes again, most of which were about boys in some way or another. I was laughing so hard reading those notes! We had a lot of time on our hands during class evidently! Also, she had book after book of old photos of us. We all loved seeing our old outfits, and basically discussing how cool we were. Ha! We stayed up late talking about old times, and I think being grateful that we are not between the ages of 12-18 anymore."
Val and Sophie's boy, Benson.
Allie and Mary
Me and Loie
Emily and Jane
Krista and me with Katie
Sophie, Mary, Krista, and Mindy
[Mary] "And look at the beautiful mama to be! Meems organized a fun baby shower for Miss Katie, with a story book theme, so we all brought books we love. It was so awesome to see Katie so pregnant!"
Krista and Mindy making dinner for our Saturday night Baby Bash.
As my gift, I made Katie her bedding. I am obsessed with the fabric. It's so fab.
[Mary] "We spent Saturday night playing games, just like we did in middle school and high school. So fun! I learned a few things--I can never remember the rules for card games, and that these girls mean serious business! I laughed so hard during charades, with Val and Mindy as my partners. So hilarious! How does one act out the Ten Commandments, or Beach Bum? haha, so fun."
[Mary] "We went for a morning constitutional (do any of you watch Modern Family, and remember Manny's morning constitutionals?), walking along the water, and just taking in all that gorgeous sunshine and spring weather. It was like living in a painting!"
The whole weekend was wonderful practice for Loie and her stranger anxiety. I think it helped her tremendously to be constantly passed from person to person. She admits though, that her favorite was Mary. We think because of Mary's naturally high-pitched voice.
Sunday mornin'
Is it such a wonder that I have know these girls for so long. I met most of them when I was 11 or 12 and have such wonderful memories with these beautiful friends of mine.







6 comments:
so cute and fun!!
yay! Love it, and I laughed at the high-pitched voice thing. haha! True, true. I loved snuggling that little baby of yours! :)
I want to simultaneously hug and punch everyone in that picture in the face, because I am so insanely jealous that I wasn't there. You guys all look great and it looks like it was so fun!
So much fun!!! And I agree all babies love Mar!!
I love this!
Did Ceas take this picture?
Post a Comment