Loïe is 5 months!!
So, this is the first time that the month of March hasn't completely bored me to tears. I think because there hasn't been any snow hardly at all, and this little one has made things very interesting. I am thoroughly exhausted by her and her sister. They both are keeping me very busy and up ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT. Here are some things I have noticed about her development this past month.
Despite crazy biting and constant gnawing, no teeth have popped through yet. Although, I swear I see two little white spots right under the gums where her two bottom teeth will come through, so we shall see this next month if she get one or two teeth.
She started rice cereal on 3/1 and after a week, we had to stop because she got ear infections AGAIN and they say not to introduce things when they are sick. So, we started up again this week and she just loves it! She could eat so much, but I worry about giving her too much, so I'm starting small. The doctor said it should help with her sleep if I give it to her at night, but NO. It does not.
It seems as though literally nothing will ever make this girl stay asleep longer than 4 hours at the most. We have regressed in the sleep department which is soooo depressing. She used to at least give me 1 5 hour block at the beginning and now she is waking up every 2-3 again. Kill me.
The reasons for this are:
1) I have a teething toddler down the hall who cries and wakes up anytime she hears Loïe cry for too long, so I don't have a whole lot of choice letting her 'cry it out' for extended periods of time, or multiple days in a row.
2) We went on vacation and when you have other people down the hall from you trying to sleep, it is impolite to let your baby 'cry it out' 5 times a night. So, you feed her every time she wakes up, just to shut her up and speed up the process of getting her back to sleep.
Our solution to this mess:
I am staying at my parents house for 10 days with no other people there except me and the girls next week and I am going to sleep train her. We are going to spread out in the house so no child can hear the other cry and it is going to work. IT HAS TO WORK. Loïe doesn't have a choice. She will start sleeping the night if I have to let her cry it out for 10 days straight. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated.
Loïe started reaching for me around 3/18. She is in a very clingy phase. I both love it and hate it equally.
She has discovered her tongue. Too cute.
Despite the no sleep for 5 months and the teething two year old, I do love my little girls. They are so cute and soooo different. I can't wait to see how they grow up independently and as sisters.


3 comments:
We started sleep training Reese two nights ago. Still waking up and crying for what feels like hours. I'd love to hear how it goes for you.
good luck with your training session....she is darling no doubt...it would be difficult for me to let her cry but you all need your rest :-) xo
Man, I was SO cocky about how I sleep trained Jane, but this week has been a doozy! She's still sleeping through the night, but every nap has become a battle ever since she learned how to get up on her knees/feet. I'm totally clueless now.
Post a Comment