Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter & some much needed sleep

I wanted to give a little recap of our Easter holiday a couple weeks back.  First off, the girls and I had been staying at the house for a week while my parents were in London, enjoying the good weather, space to roam, and most importantly, using the time to sleep train Loie. After 8 days of hard work, I got her down to a basic 8pm bedtime, ~4 am feed, and 7/8 wake time.  Now, due to hit or miss dairy consumption (the avoidance of which has made such a huge difference!) and TWO teeth coming in at the same time, we still get her waking up a few times where I have to put her binky back in or re-wrap her.  It's unfortunate, but so is teething.  Regardless, I am getting sooo much better sleep than I was.  It's kind of amazing and will be even better once those dang teeth finish coming through.


Anywayzzz, I digress. 

Easter day was so pleasant.  We lucked out with the best weather and we even had my little brother to join us as he came home a couple days earlier than my parents.  


Isla loved her basket that the Easter Bunny left her and loved looking for eggs on the lawn. 




We made a seriously yummy dinner - turkey, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and sweet potatoes, which was DELISH and left us lots of leftovers. (Oh Price, I couldn't resist posting this pic.)


It was a relaxing and beautiful Easter Sunday.  We watched General Conference too, since I'd been doing the retreat the weekend before, so it was a great way to spend Easter.  


Seriously, could the weather have been any nicer?!  SO great.  We missed the rest of our families, but we felt blessed to be able to spend it together, cozy and relaxed, on a beautiful Huntsville spring day.

No comments: