Monday, June 27, 2011

The zoo

On Saturday we went to the zoo! Hogle zoo is always a fave and it brings me back to my childhood when my mom signed me up for a bird class there one summer. ;) Anyway, Bart was having his CTW (a work designated service project) and so Isla and I decided to join him up there and see all the animals. What a blast! Except that it was really really hot and like the busiest day of the summer. Their elephant was having a birthday party so there were tons more people around to get free stuff from all these booths they had set up. (one of which Bart was working at)

I was pretty hot and tired from pushing/carrying Isla around the entire zoo all morning, so I really only got a few pics and only one with the real camera. Classic. A side note - there are all these animatronic dinosaurs there right now and let's just say that their target audience is 7-10 year old boys and no one else. Isla was so nervous around them and made me hold her anytime we passed.

Isla and Gigi and the giraffe. I thought it was a special moment to capture. (I don't normally bring Gigi with us everywhere, but I figured it might be a long day and she might be in need of a little extra love if she got scared or tired...)



Her favorite thing of the entire day was watching the carousel. I let her run around it for like 20 minutes before I got bored and had to move on to something else.



We love the zoo!

1 comment:

Kim said...

cute story xo grammy