So, my family has been hit hard with the sickies. And when I say sickies, I don't mean the flu went around us or anything but stuff a little (or a lot) heavier.
1) My mom had to get surgery to remove a large portion of her colon, super scary but everything was benign. Phew. Last week we were doing lots of hospital visits to keep her company and make sure the nurses weren't ignoring her. Not too fun.
2) The day after my mom got home, thinking she was going to be able to really rest and take it easy, my little brother got a really bad cramp in his stomach which turned out to be an inflamed appendix. (Really, could the timing be anymore classic?) So then the family scrambled to get him to the hospital to have his surgery and make sure that there were people with him so my mom could stay home and rest.
3) Rachel was able to go up and be in the hospital with him after surgery, but apparently, whatever food she ate wasn't prepared properly, because she wound up with food poisoning all night long. Gross and sad.
So, 3 invalids in one house with my dad out of town and my grandma watching them. (I'd be up there too, but I used up all my babysitting favors last week to visit my mom! If I'd only known!)
Anyway, pray the hurt stops here, we don't need anymore sickness for a while!!!
1 comment:
talk about the 1,2,3 punch...hope everyone is on the mend soon!!
Post a Comment