After seeing on another blog I follow these hanging letters, I decided to do the same with all of her nicknames and phrases we say for her. (Isla be livin' that good life, Isla-bo-bisla, kisses, loves, etc.) It was relatively easy to construct, a beast to hang, but had the best effect on the room. So fun!
She was so well behaved for the whole party and enjoyed the crowds and attention.
We were so grateful for the generosity of our loved ones as she was showered with gifts.
She has warm clothes now! (Before the party she had like 4 long sleeve shirts that fit her. I desperately need to go shopping for 12-18 mo. warm clothes for her. Such a bad mom, such a good excuse to shop!)
The underlying theme was dots, circles, and OREOs! (My favorite!) I even got these cool pans and made an oreo cake for it, which I totally spaced and forgot about in the freezer. It's still there, untouched. :( We were worried about her cake because she's still not a super good eater, so we didn't know how she'd react to it. She just sat there wondering why a ton of people were singing to her and clapping. After I showed her that she was supposed to eat it, she dove in, literally!
The best part was that Bart's mom and family was able to come up to celebrate with us! She was a lifesaver helping me get ready for the party, but with the exception of the cake, it went off without a hitch!
I love you my sweet girl. You are getting so big and learning how to do so many things! You are the best part of our lives and we will love you forever!
3 comments:
such a great party meems. seriously. you killed it. isla is the cutest. the food was delish. and i was wondering when you were going to bring out the cake! haha i should have reminded you!! haha :) todd had fun too.
the head first dive into the cupcake was classic!! xxxooo missing you guys already!!
This is so great Meems! I LOVE the garlands SO much. Beyond awesome. Isla is just so adorable! Happy 1 year!
Post a Comment