Monday, August 24, 2009
10 days left...
Oh my goodness. Today we went to the doctor and made the hardest decision ever. We had the option to induce this thursday (I'd be 39 weeks) but we decided to give it one more week so that I would hopefully be more dilated. The doctor said with the fact that I am only 1 cm dilated now, induction would probably not go very well this thursday, although there would be no medical risk going a week early. I wanted SOOO badly to say, who cares, let's just do it this week, but we just couldn't do it. We figured that we'd give my cervix another week to naturally progress so that even if I have to be induced on my normal due date, it will hopefully go easier, if she doesn't come naturally before it. So anyway, now I continue to play the waiting game, just a lot less enthusiastic. Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Omgoodness! I am so excited for you. Wow, she will be here so soon! Just think how much your life is going to change for the better 10 days from now! Yay Meems!!
Wow! So close! I cannot wait to see pictures.
Good decision. I think that is exactly why I ended up with a c-section. I went 9 days early by choice so my body probably wasn't ready.
BTW...did I already mention I met your sister in NY?
Good decision! I'm sure your labor would be more difficult being induced a week early. My doctor pushed for me to do that with my first because he was going to be out of town, but like you, I just felt like I shouldn't. I ended up going 8 days overdue (SO HORRIBLE) but I am positive if I had been induced a week before the due date it would've ended in an unnecessary c-section. Hope you don't mind all my comments lately but being a fellow prego I of course find all this stuff very interesting. :) Good luck!!
you are SO close!! Im sure you won't regret this decision... I am SO nervous to deliver so I want details of how it goes so I can be assured that I will survive.
So close! I think that's definitely a good choice. Even though the end of the pregnancy sucks, I think it's always best to go into labor naturally. I think usually the outcome is easier!
Good choice, it's hard to wait, but a baby ready to be born is what you want. You are a great mom already! Can't wait to see the babe!
For someone who hasn't gone through childbirth (or who hasn't read crap about it), that was TMI. BUT, I love you so much and can not wait for little ISLA to arrive! I just get goosebumps thinking about her!
xoxoxoxoxoxooxxo
oh my! so soon! i have butterlies for you!
Best decision ever. As a pediatric nurse, let me tell you that letting your body do it's thing helps the baby. I think inductions have gotten out of hand - I think they are good in situations that warrant medical intervention, not to relieve mommy of the uncomfortable pregnancy.
Now that I've said that, I am totally jealous you are so close. I only have a month, but the baby is SO low that I waddle when I walk. Oh well, if he were high, I'd be complaining that I couldn't breathe.
Good luck with everything, I doubt I will see you before you deliver!!
Post a Comment