Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tweet Tweet


So to use up all the rest of my ‘good’ scraps left over from my baby’s crib set, I wanted to make a mobile that would be creative and along with the theme of the fabric. My brother in law sent me this link his wife found a while back and I just love it! The tutorial makes it look pretty easy, so we shall see! All you need is fabric scraps that are big enough to cut out the patterns with, some filler to make them plump, and some string and sticks!

I’ll post pics when I’m done, although I’m not sure when I’m going to get to it, as we have only a few weeks to go and I feel like there is so much more for me to do to get ready!

14 comments:

Kim said...

to amazing for words...love it!!

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

That is a super cute idea. I have also seen the fabric scraps made into balls for a mobile. It was pretty cute too. I might be able to find the link if you would like...if you run out of time like I always did! I think you just wrap them on foam balls. They turned out really cute. Good luck!

Rachel U said...

take a break girl. hahha you crazy crafty!!

Liz said...

I've been wanting to do that for Will's room too - but thought instead of birds, I might make them planes to go with the pictures I made for his room (I love birds so much though, I've been thinking about changing the pictures I made to something else, so I can incorporate birds more).

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophia said...

This looks so cute!!
I found a similar idea but I think this is cuter!
I can't wait to see the finished product.

beck said...

This is so darling. I love that blog!

Brittany Simmons said...

super cute....a girl in my ward makes those and they turned out really cute! she uses them for party decorations and everything- but a mobile is a great idea!

Emily said...

That looks so cute! It's not weird to have a mobile in a grown-ups room, right? Because I want to make one.

Dallas and Krista said...

Loving all of your darling projects. I can't believe she will be here so soon you lucky girl :) Mmmm I just love a new, tiny, beautiful, sleepy baby!

Galbasini Family said...

i don't know why it took me forever to get to your blog, but i am glad i made it and excited to see some of your upcoming baby post. it was so great seeing you saturday. We love you guys. We hope fate brings us living closer together one day.

Brandon . Ash . Bennnett said...

I love this!! It will look fabulous with the crib bedding - which is incredible! You are so talented. I love the fabrics you chose. It is so well done. I absolutely love it. Isla is one lucky gal to have such a creative mommy. Hope you're doing well. I can't wait to see your cute little one... so soon!

Hugs,
Ashley

Kjerstin said...

I totally have this exact project in my desktop "project" folder! However, now that McKay is ONE after all, I'm guessing it's probably never going to happen. Oh well, it's adorable! Do it!

Moranda said...

love the birdies. I want one for myself.