Friday, July 10, 2009

Ta Da!

I promised you all that I would show the finished product for my baby bedding. I have had such a blast putting it all together. Technically, I’m not completely done because I’m waiting on getting our crib before I make the skirt. I want to make sure the length is just right before I make any cuts in that cute striped fabric.

Here’s the bumper – I used an Amy Butler pattern with 'Sweet by Urban Chicks for Moda' fabric. I would say the pattern was for Intermediate level sewers, if you are interested, and I didn’t trust myself to deviate from the pattern, so I followed it exactly.




I’m so happy with the way it turned out and with the quality of the materials I used, I know it will last a long time. How great are those pockets on the inside?! (Sorry the pictures are terrible, and the shape is funny since it's not tied to a crib frame!)

And here’s the quilt! I could just eat that fabric. ;) This was a fun project too and I am sooo glad I had it professionally basted (not bound). What a nightmare that would have been to do it myself. I always ruin them when I try to baste on my own.


It feels good to have that done, and I can’t wait to do fun little projects with all my leftover fabric scraps!

9 comments:

Miss Mary said...

Meriel!! You are so talented! This looks so fantastic!! I love it all, what fabulous fabrics!

Liz said...

Wow - you did a great job on those projects! I still need to finish Will's quilt (it's still sitting in a basket in my craft room after starting it over a year ago). I wish I had someone like you to work on projects with - if that were the case, I'd probably have so many of my unfinished projects done by now.

Kim said...

Sweeeeet!!! Your finished work is amazing!! How super special that you did it yourself. All nice and cozy for Isla!

Megan & Matt said...

So cute! I love those fabrics you used! It was so good to see you on Saturday, we'll have to get together again soon!

beck said...

Sooooo cute! Where is that fabric from?? and what is that quilt design? I am in love!

Sophia said...

OH MY gOODNESS! I am dying. It turned out SO cute. i cant wait to see it all put together!!!

Rachel U said...

i have the most talented sister ever. hands down. no ifs or buts about it. muy delehe.

Mama Coons said...

Great baby bedding! I love the quilt! Where did you get the pattern?

Anonymous said...

Great job!!!

With the crib skirt, you move the crib lower as they get bigger, so it's kind of hard to measure.