Now, let's hope Isla doesn't chew this pretty little thing to shreds. I mentioned in the previous post that I have a bunch of scraps left over from making the bumper and the quilt. Well, some scraps are better than others. I decided to use the 'bad' scraps, the thin strips you'd normally just toss, to put together a little 'B'.
If you want to make one, remember that scrap blankets don't have to be nice. They don't need a pattern, they don't need binding, they don't even have to have batting. I literally made this in 2 hours, just sewing the strips together (I did lay them out ahead of time to see if I could get a nice 'square' piece of fabric out of the finished product) and just started piecing them all together. It was totally an experiment, but I knew that I was using the 'bad' scraps so I didn't care if it didn't turn out and I would just have to toss it. I sewed it like a pillow case, right sides together of the front and back, and then sewed along some of the seams in the middle to 'baste' front and back together when they were right-sides out. Remember, it's not a real quilt, it's just something small and easy to carry around, so no one is going to care what it looks like, not even the baby!
4 comments:
I love your handiwork Meriel!!
I think your stuff is beautiful. You have such a nice touch w color.
So very sweet! I love that you put the soft stuff on the back. Isla will love it.
I love this quilt- love the other one but really love this one. You are just so talented! We're excited to see you guys next week!!!!
Post a Comment