Monday, October 20, 2008

A work in Progress

Okay, I love being pleasantly surprised by people's random talents that pop up out of nowhere. Who would have guessed that our friend Spencer would be such an incredible 'thrower' or potter if you will. ;) I think it was seriously one of the more funny things I had seen that week, walking into the basement at the Samuelian's house on Friday to see next to the motorcycles, work bench, etc., a very large legit kiln and his very own small closet of a room where he has set up his wheel and all his throwing tools. We sat and watched him for a good hour and he just whipped out 4 really cute ice cream/hot chocolate bowls/cups. And he let me design them! It was too cool. They aren't done yet, obviously, so I'll post later when they're glazed and baked.


Bart made the one on the left above! And I design the four below! How much fun.

5 comments:

cait said...

that is amazing...reminds me of sister reeve. love your punkin by the way- call me soon, we should do lunch again!

Brittany Simmons said...

wow- that is so good! such a random talent indeed!

Kim said...

that looks so fun!! love your designs!

Dallas and Krista said...

Funny- It seem that Spenny is a man of many hobbies... I want some bowls- my mom doesn't make them for me anymore!

Allison said...

Did anyone take that class at MV where we got to make anything with clay? Mrs. McCraney taught it (I called her Mrs. McCrazy). I loved that class!
Thanks for the memories Meems!