Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A little R&R

What a weekend! I decided that I needed a break from the UT scene and took a trip to southern CA to visit my mom-in-law and friends.

I got there on Saturday and immediately went to the beach! It was abnormally hot and Salt Creek had no breeze, so I didn't end up laying out for more than a couple hours. I made my way over to see my friends Moranda and Clark. They were house sitting a neighbor's beach house in San Clemente and so we went down to the beach there and had an awesome time! (Not without eating a little Pedro's first!) The waves were really fun and we got to play for a few more hours before I was beat and headed home. Kim, Scott, Jake, and I went to CPK for dinner and then watched a previously mentioned favorite old movie, Charade. Something about grown men fist fighting in suits over a Givenchy-clad Hepburn is just perfect for me. I also realized there is a seriously funny 'adult' undertone I had never noticed before between Grant and Hepburn. It's amazing what goes over your head as a child.

Sunday, I went to church with Moranda's family and then Monday was back to the beach again. I definitely had the relaxing weekend I was looking for! We played in the waves again for hours and upon leaving we had two celebrity sightings! First was Ryan Sheckler, a pro-skateboarder, just hanging with his friends. Second, was Kelly Slater, the best all-around surfer in the world (7 or 8 titles, I can't remember), hanging out under a pink Roxy umbrella with some exotic looking chica. The ultimate bachelor.

Yesterday, after some fun shopping with Kim, I took a nap and finished up playing some Guitar Hero with Jake. We pretty much rock.

It was such a great weekend and Kim and Scott were so accommodating and generous. (I got to drive the beamer all weekend!) I love them and can't wait to go back already!

5 comments:

Rachel U said...

k first off : you are looking so hot and skinny in those pics! second : i am so jealous that you got to go to the beach and third : jake is such a spazz and i love him hahaha

Kim said...

We miss you already!! COME BACKKKKKKK!! Jake IS a spazz. I saw tears in his eyes when I told him you would be leaving...as he said "Already?? AHHHH!!"
Love you!!

Avery said...

JEALOUS! All that beach time sounds wonderful. I love your hair color right now..it looks so good that light!

Lance and Becky said...

How fun! I'm so glad you got some good vacationing in! I'm so glad you had a good time too! I love guitar hero, it's a blast! We have to get together to play it sometime :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good little break for yourself! that's always nice, and something we all need every now and then. Im missing the beach so bad! talk to you laters~