On Saturday morning, as everyone started waking up, we followed Jordan and Brig out kayaking on what's left of the reservoir. For breakfast we had my Grandma Holt's famous pancakes and then lazed around for a few hours. It was kind of a bleak day, way overcast and raining off and on so there wasn't a whole lot we could do outside. Some went out and played soccer on the fields in front, and later we shot the potato gun at the boys to see how good our aim was.
The highlight of my day was taking them all to the Shootin' Star, the oldest working saloon in Utah. They have the best hamburgers ever and the atmosphere is definitely that of a smoky old town saloon. It's such a funny place and everyone loved it.
After everyone left later in the day, Bart, Rachel, and I decided to play sardines with Price, my mom, and my dad. It was hilarious!! The basement was off limits to help shorten the search time, but holy cow, it still took forever to find my mom hiding in the coat closet. In the second round, my dad hid and he totally cheated. He waited for us all to leave the room we were starting in, before he went back into that room to hide. Of course we didn't check in there until we had pretty much given up, because he wasn't supposed to move after we had started looking! What a cheater.
We had an absolute blast the whole time and we really appreciated everyone coming up to hang out with us and visit the house.
6 comments:
SARDINES=aaahhhmazing. i will never forget how scared mom was and all of us squished in that closet. i wish i got a picture of it!
Who had the best week(end) ever?!?!...ALLIE BERDING! Meems I just had a blast with all of you! I just wish the whole lot of you would relocate closer!!!
What a fun fun time! I love the pictures...you guys do the coolest stuff :)
Hey Meems, we miss you and Bart big time! You guys need to come to California and visit. And you can bet we'll be in Utah several times this winter for some snowboarding so we'll have to play. We finally got a blog so check us out. Love you guys, Jen and Gonz
Those pictures are so cute, I was so bummed that we had to leave early. Thanks for having us and being such a great hostess!!
So fun! I loved your house but mainly loved the company. I wish we could have stayed all weekend, or better yet, ALL WEEK!
Post a Comment