Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Alphabits

Well, recently I have begun to really notice, and hate, the ugly magnets I have on my fridge. It is an awful collection of restaurant, loan officer, and random magnets that have no real business being there. So, I searched online for a better alternative and I found detailed instructions on how to make fabric letter magnets on the Purlbee blog, note the link to the side.

If you want to do these yourself, go to the website for complete instructions. They are really easy to follow. I printed out a cool font in a big size for my letter patterns too, and then cut them out.




Note - when you are adhering the sticky side of the magnet to the back side of the fabric, I would suggest putting another thin layer of glue on it to make it stick better. (I used matte mod podge in a very thin layer and it didn't show through.)

I also didn't use pinking shears because my letters were pretty small and I thought it would be hard to maneuver around them with those bulky scissors.

Oh, aren't they just so cute? It's a fun way for little ones to learn their letters and keep your fridge looking cute and uncluttered!!

10 comments:

laurel said...

So cute!!! My fridge in a disaster. Both inside and out, actually.

the waites said...

Aloha!! its rachel waite from Hawaii I came across your blog and was so excited. You are quite the Martha Stewart, I love it. Oh and your parents house is to die for. Willie said to tell Bart Hi.Mine is rachwaite.blogspot.com

Rachel U said...

"chose da rite" haha love it

Kim said...

Adorable...i just love your cute ideas...if only i had the time.

Mindy said...

Meriel, those are so cute! I'm totally going to try to do those.

Anonymous said...

thats so dang cute meriel! I love all your creative ideas you always have! thanks for the tip! I have been sick of my magnets for a long time too. i just never get around to taking them all off, along with all the other clutter on the fridge./ your's looks all ncie and clean now! I want that! hhaha
P.S. i have not seen you in a while, what up with that!??

Liz said...

Meriel, I love this idea. I needed a new project to work on. By the way, long time, no see.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Oh you keep coming up with these cute ideas. I love love love these. They will be on my list to do this week!

Allison said...

Meems I realized you need a picture of me on your fridge. What is your address, so I can send you one asap! I'm serious.

PS can you please fly out here and wear your Quidditch (sp?) is Life shirt and come to the HP movie with me!

Dallas and Krista said...

Those are too cute- I wish my fridge held magnets just so I could use those!