Monday, January 29, 2007

Family Update

So I sent an email to my parents to keep them up to date with our lives since I haven't talked to them in a while. I thought, hey this stuff I am telling them is stuff I should put in my blog too to explain what is going on with the Frandsen's life!

I have been super busy with so much stuff!! Everyday after work I have had some big thing to do and so I feel like this month has just flown by. Our phone service, T-mobile, has been just ridiculous the past month too! They deny it has anything to do with us and that our phones are the problem, but we know 8+ people including ourselves that this is happening to, so I highly doubt it's our phones. It's more likely the T-mobile towers are frozen and they are too cheap to fix them. Anyway, we are really annoyed and so we have been desperately trying to let everyone know that the quickest way to get a hold of either of us is by trying to call twice, one right after the other if the first goes straight to voicemail or fails, and then texting us. We always get the texts.

I have delved into enrichment and I have been pretty busy getting all the activities for this coming month together. I am doing two nights. Yoga and Skin care is tomorrow and I am really excited. I am teaching a 45+ min yoga routine and my neighbor who works at Philosophy (make-up/skin care line at Nordstrom) is talking and giving out free samples. Then the night before valentines day, we are doing a big craft/card making enrichment to get ready for the big day. :) Way fun, crafting is my passion!

Work is crazy too because they have, yet again, moved me. Classic huh? After they put that other guy back on AI's, because he is taking it to production, I start training on the regular stuff for my desk that everyone else does. I was getting involved in some things and it was going great - way less stressful than AI's!! I was really liking it. Then a week and a half ago they pulled me into an office again and asked me if I would work onto two AI related projects because they needed an AI 'expert' working on them. Of course I said yes, but that basically means that all I have been doing for about a month was kind of pointless, other than a learning opportunity. :) So now, I am totally in limbo because the two projects really haven't even started and this other guy is supposed to be training on what I was just doing, so there really isn't anywhere for me to be or anything for me to do! :)

So, life lessons learned. Get used to change against my will. I've always hated change and I guess this is my crash course in getting used to it with a smile! 'Yes, of course I will take on this responsibility and drop everything I have been working on to start two projects I know nothing about and won't start for another month or two!'

Anyway, Bart got the unofficial offer for the job he wanted! We don't know the details yet, but he totally wants to accept. This is the one with Darren Zwick - Caitlin's brother-in-law who is starting up his father's old commercial construction business. We are really excited and we will let you know about the details as soon as we know.

Looks like we will DEFINITELY be staying in UT for a few years. Sad but glad!

Love you all!

6 comments:

Rachel U said...

ya you didnt mention anything about our SORRY competitions. come on meems this is a big part of your life too!! haha ;)

laurel said...

Thanks for the life update! Sounds like your enrichment groups will be really fun. Tell Bart an early congrats from us!

laurel said...

woah - Rachel and I commented at the EXACT same time!

Anonymous said...

hey sounds like your busy! i hope everything works out for the enrichment thing tonight, im going to try and make it. i asked a girl to cover for me back when i found out about this. and i think she might have forgotten about it. anyways i'll let you know. congrats on barts job thats awesome! laters
hey my blog is sugarandspiceplease.blogspot.com

The Larks said...

meriel, its ashly...and tmobile has been sucking big time for us as well. For some reason it is especially worse in our neighborhood. Even when people come to visit, it is crappy in our house so it is obviously the local service towers that suck. It is so frustrating and they told me it was because my sim card is over two years old. I never get missed calls, but then I will miraculously have a voicemail. Sooooo annoying!!!!

cait said...

YEAHHHHHH!!!!! WE are so excited about Bart working for Zwick construction! Looks like well be seeing you at the work partys next year...even though we won't be employees...Anyway, congrats to bart, im so glad it worked out! love you guys!