First of all, I would like to apologize for the lack of pictures. I accidentally deleted all the pictures I had taken over Christmas break. There were tears...
Due to mom's recent surgery, her and dad couldn't make it up to Utah the week after Christmas, but Laurel, Brad, and Avery came in from NYC, and Rachel and Price were here from CA, so we had all the siblings together for a big weekend/New Years Eve party. Since everyone had a place to stay/live except Price, we bounced him around during all the festivities. The exchange for the third year in a row was successful and fun, despite that fact that almost everyone knew what they were getting from each other. :) It was so fun for us all to be together and what was great was that Avery is old enough to remember us too so I know our relationships will have made an impact on our small niece.
New Years was especially fun because the Holt family has evolved into a younger generation that include all of the zillion grandkids and their kids! I loved seeing the Glausers and the Neffs and we had fun playing games and eating and talking about all the old times.
I have to say that if one thing stole the show that night (and the weekend for that matter) it was not a Holt, surprising, I know, considering what showstoppers we all are. The greatest entertainment of the whole weekend…Guitar Hero!!!! Oh my goodness - it was on! I was laughing all the time at how it has taken this whole earth by storm. Laurel was the biggest culprit, I think we had to rip the guitar out of her hands at times. She absolutely loved that game! I was dying when Avery started crying about something and she is holding onto Laurel's leg, and Laurel is saying 'Avery, it's okay sweetie, I'm almost done, just wait and the song will be over in just a little bit.' No worries though, she had 4 other overly willing siblings to pick her up and love her. I can see the headlines, - Child abandoned from Rockstar Parents. Just kidding- I don't mean to bag on Laurel in any way. :) She is a great mom who deserves a lot of credit with how adorable and smart this little girl has turned out to be. Plus, she can shred!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment