
This is my first piece quilt that I finished about a month ago. It is made out of 6 pairs of my old jeans and one jean skirt. For some reason I have been shlepping these things around since freshman year of college, despite that fact that they haven't fit me for over a year. We were doing a sort of late summer cleaning around the house and I noticed I had all of these jeans folded on top of the high shelf in the closet. So I thought I would put them to good use. I had never ever done a piece quilt before and when I went to the quilting store to ask the ladies how they got their squares cut so perfectly, they looked at me incredulously. I got a quick free lesson from the nice ladies about how to use a rotary cutter and board, probably because they pittied me in my sorry attempt to sew. But I think I proved them wrong, if I say so myself! I'm pretty excited about it because it is now keeping us warm on our couch instead of collecting dust in my closet.
1 comment:
"shlepping" hmmmm....
Post a Comment