Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Campaign For Real Beauty

Bryan, a Frandsen family friend, sent me this link a couple of days ago and I really thought I should share it. The Dove Self Esteem Fund has put this short film together to help show how distorted beauty has become in our culture today. It is unbelievable how they can take someone and turn them into another person. The short film shows how a girl, with multiple people working on her for hours, can transform her into something else, something that doesn't exist. Normally, we understand that airbrushing happens and that they have professional people doing their hair and make-up, but this clip really lays the art and business of modeling/advertising out there.

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/home_films_evolution_v2.swf
You can click on the link to the left to get there too!

I like what Dove is trying to do. Obviously they are still selling a product, but at least there is a genuine message that comes with it!

1 comment:

Dallas and Krista said...

That's cool. Crazy.