Friday, November 09, 2012

29!

On Thursday I turned 29.  The last year of my twenties.  I really need to make this year count!

I had some really great friends make my day a lot better than what it could have been.  Let's just say kids don't know or respect the birthday 'day'.  It's just any other day to them...

A few weeks before my birthday I got these lovelies from Laurel.  They're from one of my favorite stores in NYC, Fish's Eddy.


Then this week I got presents from Rachel and my good friend Allie, both of which I saved to open on my bday.  I got candy and a graph paper notebook from Dawn too; I mean, my friends and family know me so well.


Then I got myself some cute new pants and sparkly shoes to help get me in the holiday spirit!


Apparently, we've had so many birthdays and parties in the past few months that Isla just thinks we should open presents every day.  She wrapped this one up all by herself.  Then she made me sit and watch her open it and act surprised when she unwrapped her pony and sleeping beauty toy from printer paper and washi tape.


We topped off the day with dinner at Cheesecake Factory with Bryan and Dawn.  So great to have some adult conversation with friends.

The best part of my birthday week will happen Saturday night when we go on a double date with my parents to mexican food and the new James Bond, Skyfall.  Soooo excited.  It will round out my week very nicely.

Happy Birthday to ME!

1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

Happy birthday Meems!! So glad you had a fun day, and I love your presents! Here's to a great 29 :) I loved all those years we celebrated together!