Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My little fish

I think we established while in California that Isla LOVED the beach and the ocean, but the past two weeks have cemented my suspicions that she is a fish and is in love with all forms of water.



I put her in swim lessons last week and she has had so much fun learning all these new water skills.  She can do ice cream scoops (freestyle stroke), blow bubbles from her nose and mouth, and daddy kicks.  She's not really anywhere near being able to swim on her own, but she's learning and will eventually get there.  They're teaching her how to float on her back, but I honestly think the concept is a little beyond her because she never fully reclines/relaxes when they help her float.

Playing ring-around-the-rosie with her little class. 

Here's Isla and Bart's cousin Summer in their pool monday night.  She made Summer take her down the slide possibly a million times.  She even tried on goggles and seemed to really like them!


Here she is holding her breath under water while looking around with her goggles on.  I was impressed she could figure out what to do and successfully hold her breath the whole time.


And here is a cute Loie bum for good measure.  You can never have enough nakey bum-bums.


I can't wait for Daddy to come home and play with her in the pool.  The two of them are going to have a blast together!

2 comments:

Terri Frandsen said...

LOVE it!

Kim said...

two cute lil fishes....it's so awesome that Isla loves the water so much!!