We have had such a good month! Loïe has made such great progress and is really developing into a much happier baby.
She started waving her hand to people (although it looks more like just an outstretched arm) and making high pitched noises that resemble 'hi'.
She went to Disneyland for the first time and was such a champ. We were all so surprised at how well behaved and happy she was the whole day despite getting very few chances to fall asleep in the stroller.
She's been HEALTHY for the entire month!!! I'm sure you can all grasp how amazing this is if you have been following along with her progress. I mean, seriously.
She has had some general fussiness the past couple of weeks, but I'm 99% positive it's due to teething because she has no other accompanying symptoms and you can tell her teeth are really bothering her.
She's started sleeping closer to 9 hours a night, eating, followed by the remaining 3 to round out the night. This is big. I'm really happy and almost totally satisfied with this. Hopefully in another month it will be 10 hours and I'll feel comfortable enough to put her in the same room with Isla just in time for Daddy to come home.
She still not a fan of tummy time, but she's getting better at rotating around on her tummy using her hands and feet to help her move. It gives me hope that she will crawl at some point in the future. I think she might even be one of those babies who skips it all together because she loves standing and can sit up unassisted for 30 min+ by herself, barring she doesn't fall over.
She's liking her binky more now that she's getting old enough to play with it. Sometimes she'll hand it to me and when I put it in my mouth, she'll get all excited and take it back.
We introduced a cup (with water) but she's not a fan. Yet. Baby girl needs to like it at some point because I would like to eventually leave her with a babysitter for longer than 3 hours at a time.
She LOVESSSSS puffs. They've been a great tool to help her learn how to pick things up, aka the pincer grasp. She can gobble up like 20 of them in 5 min no problem if you let her. It's become my go-to strategy to keep her busy if I need time to get something done with both hands.
Overall, she's just starting to be so much more happy and healthy and I'm am really enjoying it. Took 8 months to get here, but I feel like we've really turned a corner. Yay!
**Also, I know the above pic ain't great, but I don't have my nice camera right now. Not to mention, it's getting harder to distract her long enough to get a focused shot of her looking up at me now that she's old enough to just roll away and be done with it!**
**Also, I know the above pic ain't great, but I don't have my nice camera right now. Not to mention, it's getting harder to distract her long enough to get a focused shot of her looking up at me now that she's old enough to just roll away and be done with it!**

No comments:
Post a Comment