Thursday, June 14, 2012

California Vaca

Wow, what a fun trip! The drive down was as pleasant as could be expected with a toddler and a baby. I'm so glad my mom was with me because I never would have been able to do it on my own. The low point was Loïe crying from Primm to Barstow, but we were able to stop and see Grandma Frandsen in Saint George for lunch and also walk through the outlets in Primm (a favorite). 

We lucked out big time with the best weather all week. It was just GORGEOUS in the OC! We walked around Laguna on Tuesday, enjoying a little wahoos and boutique shopping.




We also stopped at the Rainbow Factory and can I just say, wow?! The pair on the left is technically the same pair as the right.  I've had them for 8 years and they have served me well but it was time to retire them.  I know, you're thinking they're freakin' awesome right? (that or really gross that I wore them so long in that condition...)



Wednesday was Disneyland, which I will save for another post.

Thursday morning started with the yummiest breakfast at Harbor House Cafe. Then, after we dropped my mom off at the airport, we spent the day up at Bart's Aunt Joce's house hanging out with the kids and getting to see Grandpa Brent too!




Friday was a glorious day at the beach with Moranda and Violet. Isla had the most fun playing in the sand and the waves. She is sooo her father's daughter. I mean I have a general aversion to sand, I don't hate it, I just prefer not to be covered in it. Isla was full on rolling around in it having the time of her life.



The day rounded out perfectly with Mo and I seeing a late night movie, Moonrise Kingdom, the new Wes Anderson film. One word = OBSESSED. Seriously sooo funny, cute, sad, to die for. And seeing Moranda was fabulous, I just wish we didn't live so far away from our friends down here. It's such a bummer.


Saturday was pedicures and parks with friends.


Sunday was lounging around the house recovering from the busy week and packing up for home.  Loïe and Isla absolutely loved visiting the fam and it was hard to say goodbye. At least on the way home, Grandma Kim got to come with us.  We even got to stop by and see Grandma and Grandpa Young in Saint George as well! (I bet you're wondering how many grandmas and grandpas these girls have?  A lot.  Too many to count!)




So sad it's over and we're back in Utah. I do love an orange county vacation, I mean how many fun things can we pack into a week? We need to move down there.  Seriously.

3 comments:

Miss Mary said...

Sounds like a great trip!! And I just loved Moonrise Kingdom too! It was just pretty much my perfect movie. Love ya, and miss ya lady!

Terri Frandsen said...

Looks like you had fun!! Jealous that you got to see Joce! I've never been to her house but someday we'll get there!

daniel and katie said...

awesome! can we all just move to the OC already!