I'd have to say that the best time of the whole day was the lunch at Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure. I reserved a lunch there about a month ahead so that we could do the whole princess thing for Isla in one convenient place while being served yummy food. It sounded A LOT better than waiting in lines for 2+ hours to see 1 or 2 princesses. AND IT WAS!! Oh my gosh, it was fantastic. I mean, go in with realistic expectations of course, it's no Ruth's Chris. It is like a kid friendly Olive Garden where your kids get to meet FIVE princesses without even having to leave the table.
Sleeping Beauty - or as Isla refers to her - Blue/Pink. (because her dress changes color at the end)
We didn't get a pick with Snow White. Isla's less than impressed with her as a princess. She likes the dwarves better.
Cinderella's pretty cute, but Isla's never seen the movie so she wasn't too into her as well.
Words cannot describe how unbelievably excited Isla was to see Belle. She ran up to her, gave her a huge hug, and whispered to her (which Belle told me after), "You're here!"
We all cried. Literally my mom, my mother-in-law, and myself. It was so sweet to see how happy Isla was talking to Belle and having such a sweet moment with her. And may I say that Belle is a major babe? Geez, could she be any prettier?
Disney knows how to do it right too. The ladies get down at the girls level and really close so they can have little intimate conversations with even the shyest of girls. It's so adorable and so personal. I know she's only 2.5+ years old and she won't remember much, if anything, of this age, but I promise you, she will remember those moments. It was unreal how happy she was.
The rest of the day, before and after lunch, was so great too. The mom's were amazing, taking turns watching the girls while we rode on rides. The best ride(s) of the day was Tower of Terror with my mom and then again later with Kim. We all about peed our pants on that ride. Uh-mazing.
Thanks to my wonderful mothers for coming with us and helping make it such a wonderful day. I can't wait to do it again next time with Daddy.





3 comments:
Looks so fun! Isla is so cute.
such good memories...we were all sobbing over Isla's pure joy...love the tower of terror photo :-)
This is sooo sweet! I love the look on her face when she is meeting Belle--I would have cried too :) What a happy moment in childhood for her!
Post a Comment