Wednesday, May 30, 2012

seven!



Loïe is 7 months old! I feel like we have really hit a milestone in her personality and behavior.  She's sleeping a lot better, I'd say 85% of the time it's an 8 hour block followed by a 3-4 hour block.  This is completely doable in my opinion, but the goal this month is to get her to 10 and then to 12 next month. I finally had to buckle down and do the hard-core Ferberizing/cry-it-out method.  It's been rough, but at progress has been made.  
(She is currently jabbering to herself and not sleeping, even though it's an hour into her bedtime. Like I said, we're at 85%.)

We stopped tightly swaddling so that her arms could be out, which she absolutely hated for a few nights, but after awhile she became used to it and is now fine.  That's how it's supposed to be though, right?  I mean, she can't be swaddled forever. She's also not really into her binky anymore.  That's a bummer, but I can still get her to take it in the car to calm her down and that's nice.  

She's started to babble a lot.  She like to make a sort of popping sound that is adorable.  And if you cackle to her she will cackle right back.  It's pretty dang cute and she'll even to it to Bart through FaceTime a world away.

She's sitting up on her own really well, although no where near crawling or pushing up to a sit on her own.  She still hates being on her tummy, but if you put her in a sitting position she will sit for 10 minutes without breaking a sweat.

She eating like a champ.  Sooo opposite of how Isla was it cracks me up.  She has started to get really distracted when she nurses though, which kind of bugs, but I know that's a phase.

No new teeth yet, although the doctor said her upper gums were swollen.

Lastly, she is doing really well with other people and is becoming a lot happier overall.  She is a sweetie pie with a smile that melts your heart.  We love her to pieces! 

Silly Goose.

1 comment:

daniel and katie said...

I love this little girl!! I hope she likes me soon... hehehe.