
I bought a pattern, some thread, and got going. Here's my finished product, although the pictures aren't that great. (white on pink in nasty orange lighting is hard to get good contrast in) I'll probably make a pillow out of it, or frame it, not sure yet.
Then, for our anniversary, Bart got me a gift certificate to Purl so I could get some sweet fabric or books and I found the coolest book of patterns. Unfortunately, it's in Japanese! I don't know what it's called, but it's a book about making felt fruit for kids.

Surprisingly, it's not that hard to follow and there are pretty good pictures to see how to put the fruit and veggies together.
How awesome is the watermelon?


Here's the banana's, and below are the bananas I did. Turned out pretty good, right?!

(the inside of the banana actually comes out! So adorable!)
Here's my fruit so far. It takes a while to figure out the patterns, since I don't read japanese, but I've got the bananas finished, a whole apple (the apples slices are next), and that brown thing is a potato. ;)
It's all hand sewing and all you need is thread, felt, and a needle! How perfect for me here in NYC!!
2 comments:
stop being crafty!!! or teach me your ways. i LOVE the fruit. and i love the japanese book. way to go azns. love it.
you are so talented! Seriously, I am way impressed with your incredible embroidery skills (wow, you must be so patient too!) and that awesome fruit! So cool.
Love your stuff Meems. Those fabric coasters that you made me are my favorite things, I just love them!
Post a Comment