Last week we took a road trip up to Boston to have a mini vaca and do some sight-seeing. Both of us had never been to the city so we were really excited to visit and do touristy things. Unfortunately, we only had 1 day to see as much as possible and on that one day, it poured BUCKETS of rain on us.
Of course we did the classic Freedom Trail walking tour while it rained hardest, so we were just soaked through completely. Poor Isla was stuck inside the stroller with the rain shield on, so I don't think she really got to see much, but that's okay, I don't think she'll remember.
We saw the graveyard where Paul Revere and Sam Adams are buried in.
Bart really like the headstones, they were so artistic. I thought they were funny, 'cause you'd see a lot of the same headstones everywhere, like there was only 1 place at the time that sold headstones and they only carried 2 varieties, the skull and crossbones that looked kind of scary and the skull and crossbones with wings. Like your relatives had to choose which one they liked better. I'd go with the hardcore one, way cooler.
We went to this hotel called the Parker House Hotel where they have the best Boston Creme Pie, which we ate, and it was marvelous. On the second floor, there is a mirror where Charles Dickens used to stand in front of and practice the Christmas Carol. I had to take a picture in front of it because that is my sister's and my favorite movie. I'm referring to the Muppet's Christmas Carol, best movie ever. That love is not gone.
We also stopped by the Old City Hall, which has been turned into a Ruth's Chris Steak House. Seriously, that is the best way to make an old vacant landmark better. Turn it into a freakin' amazing steak house. Yes, please. Outside of it is a statue of a donkey representing the democratic party. There are bronze feet in front of it on the ground representing the republican party 'always in opposition'. Bart wanted to make sure we got a pick of him 'in opposition'. Classic.
Finally, the tour ended at Faneiul Hall and the Quincy Market. Both cool, but huge tourist traps.
Isla was really happy to get out of the stroller by the end of it!
Afterward, we decided to head over to Haw-vahd to check out the campus and maybe get a cool t-shirt or something. Of course it was raining the entire time so we barely got to see any of the campus. Plus, it was later in the day so most things were closed. Kind of a bust. It was really cool to drive through the Beacon Hill brownstones though, all those amazing townhomes are just gorgeous and I wish at some point in my life I could live in one. Or at least afford to live in one.
So, all-in-all our day in Boston was fun but nothing spectacular on account of the rain. We decided if, and when, we ever come back, we will definitely have to come with friends who know and love the area so they can show us around! (Bills family - including Brittany - that means you!)
3 comments:
Brent lived there for 3 years in High school and I've been wanting to go there so bad. There is so much cool history in the East coast cities.
k first- i want to eat isla shes so cute.
second- love the charles dickens mirror...or should i say Gonzo's mirror.
third- "light the lamp not the rat! light the lamp not the rat!!" hahaha :)
I've always wanted to go to Boston, I've heard it's beautiful. so Fun. & I ilsa is so darn cute!
Post a Comment