Friday, May 14, 2010

Coney Island

A couple Saturdays ago, Bryan and Dawn invited us to go with them to Coney Island. I had never been before, but when you hear the name, you always think of cute vintage ferris wheels, cotton candy colored rides, and men and women of the early 20th century strolling the boardwalk eating 'ices'.

Not So Much. I have literally never seen a place as GHETTO as this. The people were another breed. The nasty ghetto rap (not mainstream, like crap I've never heard on the normal radio) was blaring so loud you couldn't hear each other speak. On the boardwalk, the people were just so...trashy. It was jersey shore without any attempt at looking half decent. Gross. And the food? So lame, the corndog Bart bought for like 6 bucks was a frozen Foster Farms dog that you can buy from Costco.

Okay, putting the bashing aside, it was actually a really fun trip. It was the first time Isla had ever been to the beach, although we didn't let her enjoy it, 'cause a) it wasn't that warm and b) I'm not completely ready for her to get sandy. We did go on the rollercoaster which ended up being awesome. I mean, kink in your neck the next day awesome. ;) It was an experience we had to try and we were glad we did overall.

Here are some fun pics from the day, courtesy of Bryan. Thanks!




No comments: