When the fam was in town, Price and I were walking by Purl in Soho and Zooey Deschanel walked right past me! She looked really good, just walking down the street on a Friday afternoon. Of course, the second she past, I was like jumping up and down pointing, no sounds - like a mime, so Price would see her. He was so embarrassed.

Later that week, I saw Amaury Nolasco and Jennifer Morrison coming through the turnstyle at the Prince Street subway station. It was so funny 'cause I got this close to really embarrassing myself. You know when you see someone you think you know and you say hi before you remember their name? Like you're sure you'd remember it before it became necessary to say it, so you just say hi quick so as not to miss them walking by? Well, in a matter of seconds, I see her face, recognize her like you would a friend from college or something, remember her name is Cameron, and then right before I say her name to stop her and say hi, it dawns on me that her character's name on House is Cameron and I don't actually know her. She is not actually a friend and I have no business stopping her in the subway to chat it up and catch up on old times. Close call.


About a week ago, I was running through Central Park with Isla and I saw a little sign that said SVU with an arrow. I thought, what could SVU stand for except Law and Order SVU? I mean really? So I followed it and I was right? They were filming and letting people watch, so I went up pretty close and watched some random cop character stop the bad guy at gunpoint, it was awesome. It would have been way more cool if any of my fave characters were there, but they weren't. Boo. I would have loved to have seen Benson or Stabler, or even Finn (Ice T). That would have been sweet.
5 comments:
Your post got me totally excited! I love seeing celebs and I have to tell you that Law and Order SVU is one of my very faves, although when I watch it too much I start to get paranoid:) I saw the girl from one of those funny dumb mormon comedies ( cant think of the name) working at Banana Republic at Gateway and asked her if she had dated one of my friends- I felt so stupid when I realized why she looked familar! Oh and I met Ice T at the SLC airport. Ok I know you did not ask to hear all that but thought I would share anyway! I am excited for your celeb spotting-good eye:) Have a great day!
And I saw Victor Garber (had to look his name up) last week so I'd say spring brings out the celebs!
so jealous! i love zooey deschanel. i love spotting celebs. it's crazy, but it gives me a rush! hahah!
I love Zooey!! I would have done the exact same thing. PS - going on a run with baby through central park in spring sounds like a dream...jealousy.
I haven't had much time to blog until lately and I JUST learned you moved to NYC!!! Fun!!!! I hope you guys are enjoying city life. I was thinking the other day that I haven't even met sweet Isla - We will need to fix that as soon as you get back. Good luck over there. Have fun!!!
Post a Comment