At work last Friday, the team next to mine brought in this sandwich for breakfast and lunch. It was something we’d been talking about for a while. Elvis, during the fat years, would fly on his private jet to the 5-star restaurant in Denver that made this sandwich for him and some friends. It consists of a hollowed-out loaf of bread filled with one jar of peanut butter, one jar of grape jelly, and a pound of bacon. All this was washed down with Perrier and champagne. The sandwich totaled 42,000 calories, not including the drinks!

We decided that we had to try the famous sandwich, even if it was just a slice each. So… I did. I’ll be honest it was not that bad. The bacon really just adds a very interesting flavor right at the end of the experience. I highly recommend that everyone try the combination at some point in their life, although don’t put a whole jar of pb and j and a whole pound of bacon on the sandwich; you definitely don’t have to load it on to still get the full experience.
3 comments:
OMG, that makes my tummy ache, lol! Hope you are doing great, and by the way Isla is such a cutie!
Wow, I can't believe that it's even possible for one 'dish' to contain that many calories! Talk about a heart attack! Fun little trivia though! :)
Loving little Isla!
gross. i just deleted elvis from my crush list.
Post a Comment