Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fondue Recipes


So the other night, we had some friends Katie and Daniel, and Matt and Megan, over to catch up and enjoy yummy fondue together. It had been way too long since I had seen Matt and Megan, and it was so great to see them and talk about their upcoming baby and graduation.

Of course, I am ridiculous and didn’t take a single picture. (Why did we buy that nice camera? Oh yah, to take more pictures…) But I thought I would share the fondue recipes with everyone because they are just that good!

Scott Beck’s Cheese Fondue

1 3/4 cup chicken broth
1-2 garlic cloves
2 cups swiss cheese cubed (around a 9 oz block)
2 cups monteray jack cheese cubed (around a 9 oz block)
----stir this all until melted----

1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tbs cornstarch
dash pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp worchestershire sauce
----combine and stir well----

Pour the constarch mixture into the cheese mixture when melted. It will make everything come together into a smooth cheesy consistency, the key is to keep stirring until it all comes together, don't give up! As soon as it comes together, pour into the hot fondue pot and enjoy! Use french sourdough bread, cut into cubes, toasted lightly. Goes well with apples and carrots too.

Katie’s Toblerone Chocolate Fondue (thanks to the internet)

½ cup of heavy cream (add a little more to thin out to desired consistency)
4 bars of Toblerone (regular or dark, whatever your preference)

Heat the cream to an almost boil. It should start getting little bubbles around the edge of the pot. Continually stirring, add chocolate bar to cream one triangle at a time until all 4 bars have been added and are melted. Add a little extra cream while stirring if needed to thin it out more.

Voila! The perfect chocolate fondue.

3 comments:

Megan & Matt said...

We had so much fun and we can't wait for the next party!

Liz said...

I remember going to one of your fondue parties when Scott & I were first married - about 5 years ago? I remember it was SO good. I'm really going to have to try these recipes - I'd forgotten how much fun that was.

laurel said...

yuuuuum.