2009 in Review
So it’s February already and I totally forgot to do the quick (somewhat) recap of 2009.
January – Bart raced his dirtbike for the first time competitively! It was so fun to watch him and Spencer race. Kind of scary though, I’ll be honest. My little bro Price turned 16, like whoa. I had just found out I was pregnant again (Halelujah!) and was dealing with another serious miscarriage scare at 5 weeks.
February – Bart was still doing the stupid night shift at work, and so I never saw him basically all winter. I watched a lot of TV, a lot of Movies. Taken was the hit for the winter for me. My first trimester was in full swing at this point, sleeping close to 16 hours a day, no lie, no motivation to move or socialize whatsoever, and Bart still gone all the time at work. Only highlight of Feb was that we came through the miscarriage scare okay and baby girl was fine. Oh, we went to Zion’s for the first time too! That was really fun!
March – We found out we were having a girl – so freakin’ exciting to see her swimming around in my tummy for the first time. My heartburn was wicked bad, but by the end of the month I was well into my second trimester and feeling a lot better. Still lots of snow – bitter winter in UT – boo.
April – Easter is a great time. Conference is a great time. I love when spring comes! We went to Southern California for Easter, which was so relaxing. Sad thing, Bart got let go from his job. That sucked, but at least it meant that he got to be home when Isla was born and made my life that much easier right after birth.
May – I was into my 5th month of pregnancy, so we got to see her on the big ultrasound and confirm that yes, she was a girl. We found out about the SUA issue, but were assured it wouldn’t cause problems. We had our 5th anniversary this year too, love my hubby.
June – Bart turned 29 this year! We toured the weird places of SLC, we enjoyed the rest of my sister’s time in Hunstville before she and her fam moved back to NYC, and I went to Alamo for a quick trip to see friends.
July – Well into my 3rd trimester, I was big and so over work. I was showered by friends and family and finished my bedding for Isla’s room. I had BABY on the mind and was just so large. I still felt great that month and the summer was so pleasant.
August – More showers, starting my maternity leave, and a whole lot of false labor!
September – On the 2nd we had Isla, in a crazy ‘unemergency’ c-section with all the family on both sides in town to celebrate. I loved my stay at the hospital, (wish I could go back sometimes). I became a mother and Bart, a father. We were so lucky to have him at home and my family so close by to help. I struggled with breastfeeding but the pump worked for me, so regardless, she got my milk and was a sweet healthy baby girl.
October – Still adjusting to motherhood and it’s crazy schedule! I loved being home with my little family all the time just letting the days blend into each other. Conference was great, applesauce making was solidified into tradition with my mom, and I slowly got better at handling the eat, sleep, poop cycle. ;)
November – This month was eventful, starting with my 26th birthday and her blessing up at Huntsville. It was such a great time and a fun party with family. I finally finished decorating Isla’s room too! Then Bart and I went to CA to see his family and give them all a chance to get to know Isla a little better. We spent thanksgiving with our friends Brittany and Derek and made sure Isla got her first taste of the beach air. (It was a little cold to hang out on the sand) We even went to Disneyland!!
December – Christmas time was so much fun. Isla turned 3 months old, wow! We stayed in town for the holidays because I had to go back to work. My sister came back from China too. It was a really fun time spent with my family and I loved doing Christmas-y things with them like the nutcracker.
So overall, it was a fabulous year and very eventful! Hooray for the end of the decade and the start of the new!
No comments:
Post a Comment