Thursday, May 07, 2009

Pregnancy Thoughts

  • My belly button is getting shallower...
  • When my side was hurting the other day, I called the doctor's office and the nurse asked me if I was having contractions. I said no, but then thought, I honestly have no idea what a contraction feels like. I guess that's just one of those things you'll know when you know.
  • Online the size of my baby (~1 lb and ~11 inches at 23 weeks) has been compared to these things:
    • About the size and weight of a Harry Potter book. (The 7th book to be exact)
    • The size of a large mango.
    • The size of a spaghetti squash. (Has anyone ever eaten one of these, let alone seen one?)
    • The size of a child's doll. (Now are we talking an American Girl doll or a Barbie?)

Pregnancy is weird. Fun and fabulous, but weird.

8 comments:

Mel said...

I'm glad you think pregnancy is fun. You actually might not know a contraction at all for awhile- it's common to not realize it. I didn't know I was having them. They feel like really bad menstral cramps or gas cramps and spread all over your abdomen slowly. But Braxton Hicks contractions feel totally different- all of a sudden your whole belly just tightens and when you poke it your belly's hard. Although I do have a friend whose Braxton Hicks are not like that. You'd think it'd all be less complicated than all of this!!! :)

Sophia said...

I feel you Meems. I have no point of reference so when I feel anything I have nothing to compare it to.
And I totally can relate to the belly button thing:)

Rachel U said...

probably an american doll. preferably samantha. or felicity i guess. you choose.

Allison said...

I want to see you all preggers (I like how I make that word a noun and an adjective sometimes).

Miss you Meems! XOXO

Dawn said...

This is cute! Can you feel your large mango/spaghetti squash/Samatha or Felicity/7th Harry Potter book sized baby girl moving around yet? Does she get the hiccups yet?

beck said...

Hey what are your house colors . . . ? going to send some handmade fun your way!

Dallas and Krista said...

People always say that you will know what a contraction feels like when you have one- but I still never knew. Not until I was in the thick of it at least. Also I have in fact eaten a spaghetti squash... it was pretty good- definately had that healthy taste to it. Pregnancy is crazy weird and such an incredible miracle!

Dallas and Krista said...

And yes I agree with rachel. American Girl- preferably Samantha.