Friday, May 29, 2009

Baby Girl's Bedding

So, crib bedding is expensive. Has anyone else noticed that? Granted I'm looking at higher-end bedding that is more modern and less frilly, but still, $400 bones? Sheesh. (Dwell is a good example)

I decided that I could do it myself for much cheaper. Now, I'm not saying I'm making it for a steal of a deal, but I know I can make a set just as adorable and high-end but for half that price.

Here are my fabrics! I'm so excited, they are to DIE for. I made an easy 4-paneled skirt pattern, I'm using store-bought white fitted sheets (as I'm told you need a handful of them for rotation when they get dirty), I got an Amy Butler pattern for an adorable pocketed bumper, and I baby-sized my sister-in-law's pinwheel quilt that is just so cute.

This is the whole line and I chose a bunch of them to do the quilt with.

This is the skirt fabric

This is the outside of the bumper

And this is the inside of the bumper


I'll show you what they all look like after, and let you know if it was worth the effort in the end. I'm optimistic! The best part of all of this, is that I got to pick out the tone of my little girl's room. I'm not stuck with one or another random design, but I got to pick exactly how I wanted it to look. That is so comforting!

5 comments:

Saric said...

Meems, I love the polka dots soooooo cute. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. BTW are you registered anywhere?

Miss Mary said...

Oooh, I CAN'T wait to see this when it is done!! Meriel, it is going to be gorgeous! Yay, and so excited!

The Evers said...

Love this! What a lucky little things she will be to have crafty you for a mommy! Take pics when you are done!

Kim said...

simply sweet and I so love the bumper fabric!!

Sophia said...

YAY for making your own bedding!!!
I am so excited to see how it all turns out!!