
This year, I really was only interested in watching the Red Carpet special beforehand and to see how Hugh Jackman hosted with his handsomeness and fabulous Australian accent. I have to say, it was good. I wouldn't go as far to say as really good, but it was good and actually quite a lot of parts were laugh-out-loud hilarious. His opening sequence was so funny and I loved his ode to the Musical. It was not 'critic worthy' but for the simple people and the younger generation it was to die for!


My opinions in brief - I don't care for Sean Penn at all, I was so glad Kate Winslet won best actress, love Penelope Cruz, and of course Heath winning best supporting actor made me start crying. I know, I'm a sap. Whatev. I also started crying when some of the old winners were presenting the awards to the new nominees, and when the Slumdog Millionaire movie won best song. You probably would have laughed at me, but I thought it was touching.
Did anyone else watch?
9 comments:
hugh, stop it. and did you record this? because i didnt see it...
I totally watched the whole thing too, and I don't think I've done that since Titanic, and that was in like 8th grade. I was very impressed by Hugh's singing and was nervous that Beyonce was going to fall down the stairs.
I am with you on sean penn. That guy gives me the heebee geebees (sp?) whenever I see him, or really even hear his name.
Oh Meems, you don't like Sean? Milk was amazing; I am surprised you didn't like him after seeing that!
Hey, you coming here in April? Miss you!
I watched it and I did like it a lot. Very entertaining. I actually caught Amanda Siegfried fall down the stairs in the corner of the TV screen. Beyonce is just the best performer. She makes everyone else look like amateurs. I loved that Kate won! She deserved it, and I love that she asked her dad to whistle.. soo cute.
I watched the entire thing also...we all should have gotten together to cry together cause I definitely cried! I CAN'T STAND SEAN PENN and neither can Brig, not because of his comments that night or MILK...just because he's a jerk and he's anti-american. But I loved everything else especially Slumdog and Hugh and Heath. Slumdog deserved every one of those awards...woo-hoo!
I watched most of it which was a first for me . . . but i loved hugh. loved kate winslet, i definitely teared up when she won. loved the whole five people presenting the best actor/actress. loved marissa tomei's dress.
seriously, hugh, stop being so attractive. i look at your blog everyday to see that picture of him.
A belated comment, I know, but I'm catching up on reading bloggies...
Can I say that i love that you write about this stuff, because I don't think to, but I have an opinion nevertheless!
the oscars are so boring now! Hughe J is hot but I miss the days when Billy Crystal was the host like 3 years in a row...he was incredible!
Love Penelope in VCB...she is amazing, and I'm obsessed with her ugly-but-sexy-boyfriend, Javier Bardem! I could listen to both of them speak Spanish spanish allll dayyy.
Thank you for Sean Penn condemning my grandchildren to a generation of hate just becuase they (hypothetically) don't support gay sex. My grandchildren will love EVERYONE no matter their persuasion, but that doesn't mean they have to endorse unfounded marriage certificates.
Viva la Slumdog! Thought they deserved every oscar, but I was a little upset WallE didn't beat them in Sound Mixing. How can you deny "W-a-a-l-l-E" THE OSCAR? I think every movie should have a Bollywood dance with the whole cast in the ending credits like Slumdog did.
The "Dutchess" might as well have been a silent film becasue the only redeeming quality was the costume and hair...I knew they'd win for Best Costume. great book; horrible adapted screenplay! What a waste of an academy award winning wardrobe!
Benjamin Button-no suprise that they won for visual effects...there's no way Kate's leg extension in the movie is her own!
what else do I want to talk about...
oh, yeah. the fact that Heath won the oscar was so EXPECTED and I still cried? that was a gosh darn tear jerker. I mourn for the roles he'll never play.
xoxo
Post a Comment